Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Paris

Tim and I went to Paris for 8 days without the kids. Our first time away from them for even one night. The kids had a great time with the grandparents and we had a much needed break.

We spent the first 4 days on the right bank of Paris, then rented a car and drove to the countryside to stay in the Burgundy wine region. Our last two days were spent on the left bank of Paris in the St. Germain des Pres district (more artistic and bohemian vibe).

This was Tim's first time in Paris and we both decided it was our favorite city ever visited together. Although I grew up there, I left there too young to really appreciate its vitality and history. We had such an amazing time, such a beautiful city full of life and so pretty to look at.

I think my favorite part was just walking and people watching, just being a part of the city. My second favorite was visiting all the boulangeries and chocolate/confection shops, at least one for every city block. I was in heaven. We bought something from almost each bakery and had to buy an extra carry on to haul all the goodies back.

The countryside was breathtaking - all the old buildings, doors, cobblestone steps and shutters. You almost felt like you stepped into another time zone.

We fell in love with Paris and look forward to taking the kids one day. Here's a slide show of our photos (too many to upload in a blog post). I can't wait to go back.


1 comment:

  1. It's Really a wonderful slide show, great job.
    I forgot to ask you about the lock.

    ReplyDelete