Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day was this past Sun and I told Tim all I wanted was a nice decent photo of me and the kids. Since I'm usually the one taking pictures, I realize I don't have any. Each time I go out on photo shoot for other families, I tell myself I need to make the time to have some with the kids since they're growing up so quickly.

I gave Tim a few pointers and we went out to my favorite nearby meadow. Although the photos don't reflect it, the morning started out pretty rough. It was hot that day and the kids wanted nothing more than to roam around than stand still and smile. Also Kian is two and at that age, you can't really tell him to sit still. He seemed especially fussy that morning.

All of us were getting cranky, there were bugs biting us and poor Tim was sweating as he zoomed around us trying to get "the shot." After all the hassle though, it was so worth it to reflect and look back at the nice photos of me and the kids. Tim worked so hard to make sure I got what I wanted for Mother's Day and I was really touched by his efforts.

After the shoot, Tim took Alia out for lunch while Kian napped so I could stay home and get some downtime. After the stressful photo shoot morning, the rest of the day was more relaxed. Tim had scheduled afternoon tea in SF near Golden Gate park so we went there (our first tea ever as a family).

Alia loved it, in fact she wants to come back and do this for her next bday party. We ended the day running around Golden Gate Park. There was a nice family there with their toddler who shared their kite with us. Alia and Kian loved running after the kite. We blew bubbles and the kids burned some energy and then we all went home. Although there were moments of sheer frustration and exhaustion with the day, there were also pockets of fun and appreciation for what life is right now with two young kids. And now I'll always have the memories to remember these days.








The flowers Tim and Alia got me - my favorite hydrangeas













No comments:

Post a Comment