Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, To Me

I turned 38 this past Saturday, May 4. I don't particularly enjoy getting older and each year, the celebrations become more simple which is totally fine by me.

My birthday this year was filled with simple pleasures:

 - lunch with old friends during the week

 - family dinner with the kids Sat followed by an evening gondola ride on nearby Lake Merritt after dinner. They served Tim and I glasses of Proseco and a dessert plate which Alia and Kian devoured. The kids absolutely loved the ride and were mesmerized by the gondola driver's Italian serenades.

 - flowers from Tim and Alia

 - antique shopping (bought myself a present - two vintage armchairs to round out my newly redecorated living room)

 - dinner out with just Tim on Sun to Commis in Oakland (such a rare treat, we hardly get to eat out w/out the kids)

 I am so grateful for my family and all the good friends who remembered my day.

My family birthday dinner. Next Door restaurant in Berkeley.



Waiting for our gondolar ride, Lake Merritt




Riding the Gondola


Hard to tell but we're on the water. Bad iphone pics.



My birthday flower, guess which ones Alia picked?


Love my new antique armchairs! - happy birthday to me





No comments:

Post a Comment