Friday, June 7, 2013

Transition

Alia graduated on Wed and Kian is also going through a big transition this week. Since 18 months, he's been going to a small home-based daycare with just a few kids, mainly babies. He became great friends with A.J. a 4 year old boy who is the daycare provider's (Cynthia) son.

Since he is now two, I enrolled him in Alia's preschool Growing Light Montessori. He's officially starting this Mon June 10th, but the last 3 days, I've been bringing him in for an hour in the mornings to transition. Today, the last day of his transition, he had lunch with his class, the "Honeybees."

He's been doing great, well-adjusted to the other children and not clinging to me after I leave for an hour. I remember when Alia first started preschool, it was a big deal for me (probably more than her) but this time around, it's like no big deal. I'm excited for Kian to move on this next phase and learn in a more school like environment.

Kian with his best bud A.J. and Cynthia (daycare provider)


 Kian and Oliver


 Kian and A.J.


Kian's class the "Honeybees"


First preschool lunch


 One of Kian's teachers, Kristen


We stopped by the big kids area to say hi to Alia and her friends


No comments:

Post a Comment