Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is so much more fun with kids. Especially around Alia's age when she can understand the concept and giving and receiving cards is a HUGE deal at her school.

This year, I wanted to do a personalized card for Alia's preschool class without any candy. I came across this cute concept online of photos of kids holding out their hand as if they were holding something and then putting a lollipop in the hand (sort of a cool 3D concept).

Since I wanted to stay away from candy, Tim and I brainstormed ideas of what her hand should be "holding." I have to give Tim all the credit..he thought of a balloon and the "you lift me up" clever saying on the card.

I took a picture of Alia holding out her hand and with a little photoshop magic to put the wording, voila, a 3D Valentine's Day card! This was so much fun to put together with Alia and she loved it (she's a huge fan of balloons). T

Tim said she was so proud handing them out to her class this morning when he dropped her off. In case anyone reading ever wants to do this, I put together a little photo tutorial below. I also thought this would be super cute with a fake flower (with a different saying, of course).

Steps: 
1. take photo of kid holding hand out
2. blow up 5" balloon
3. insert toothpick through tie
4. cut two slits on the photo and insert toothpick holding balloon
5. use a little tape or glue dots to secure the balloon to photo card



No comments:

Post a Comment