Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Disneyland in the New Year

We took the kids to Disneyland for the first time for our first trip to LA in a long time. We were so excited to see family. My sister and her family back for good from Shanghai, and we also saw my mom, and Tim's parents as well. We knew it was going to be a jam packed few days and it was. One day dedicated to each family and one day at Disneyland.

 Despite the madness, I was able to take some photos of my sister's family and for her sister-in-law's family. I was so happy to be able to do this for them since due to our distance, it's not easy for us to get together. My mom also asked me for some portraits which I love her for asking. At her age, most people shy away from photos and doing things like celebrating birthdays, but she still loves these simple things and I think it's great.

 Okay on to the highlights of our trip:

 - Loved seeing the family and having Kian and Alia get to know their cousins and grandparents more. Always such a treat to hang out, reconnect and just have fun.

 - Disneyland was a ZOO since although it was post XMAS, there were still throngs of people. Each ride was about 1-1.5 hour long. We managed to do 5 I think in total. It wasn't very fun for Kian, he wanted to walk around and explore, but there were too many people. He also couldn't go on any rides (except for It's a Small World) so luckily we were able to drop him off my sisters for a long nap and return in peace with just Alia.

 - Our only family ride together, It's a Small World, brought back memories, I had a flashback of first riding it when we first came to the US and despite the crowds and cranky kids at time, I was still in awe riding it this time around (such a nicely done production).

- Alia got her first ever princess doll (Jasmine) at the princess store and loved the Dumbo ride.

- Tim really really really loves Disneyland (apparently he's still a big kid at heart). Towards evening he wanted to stay for the parade but both Alia and I said "enough!"

 Overall a decent first experience, but I would not go back during the holiday season and Kian is definitely too young. I think a good age is minimum 4 to really control the meltdowns.

Had a good trip and miss the family...until next time.

Grandma Phung and cousins



Cousins Kayli and Nick (and with Noah on right)


My sis and her family


A rare family photo my sis took (too bad Kian was napping)



My sister's sister-in-law's family the Paks








Crazy lines



Have to say, at this exact moment, both kids were just over it! Meltdown ensued shortly after. 


Never too old for Dumbo. Tim loved it. 



Un-intentional Bieber haircut




No comments:

Post a Comment