Friday, April 19, 2013

This Is Four

You'd think that Alia would love having her photo taken since I take so many but the opposite is true. She'll run away on purpose or not look into the camera since she knows I want her to at that exact moment. However, the only time she asked for a photo shoot was when I told her I was going to do one on Kian for his 2nd birthday. All of a sudden, she wanted me to do a photo shoot on just HER. Aww, the power of sibling rivalry.

I took her to the same spot I took Kian on a sunny afternoon and we had some one on one fun picking wildflowers and running through the meadow. We also found a hidden wooden swing in a covered tree alcove. Such an unexpected surprise. I hope to look back on these and remember what four year old looks like.

I recently had a parent teacher conference and the teacher described Alia as socially and academically well adjusted. She's a great listener, a rule follower, caretaker and doesn't like messes (hmm wonder where she got that from?). She's also meticulous about anything she does, which I've seen at home. Tracing over her numbers and letters carefully. Also painstakingly coloring inside the lines on her drawings. She also doesn't like to do something until she knows she can do it right 100%. I sometimes worry how that will translates, it's not always good having such a perfectionist behavior and I want her to know it's okay in life to color outside the lines.

Not sure if it's the first child syndrome but she also doesn't like change and likes things just so. She has an impeccable memory for all tiny details. Such a change from Kian who's such a free-wheeling spirit.

What I love the most though is her wry sense of humor. She knows how to crack jokes and purposely says things to be funny all the time. That seems to lighten up her otherwise serious behavior.















No comments:

Post a Comment